Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Haiku Contest

Black Under Armour
A hug that trumps one from you
When the rain falls down.

Turflets in my ears,
Sorry, what did you just say?
I couldn’t hear you.

One minute’s alone,
Sitting up on the scoreboard,
With it’s friend, pressure.

I never like it
When the crowd forgets to cheer,
The silence crushed me.

Haikus, haikus, haikus! The only type of poem that can be sane and insane, crazy and tame, silly and serious, all within three lines. 17 syllables. The object of this contest is to come up with the most creative sports haikus that you can think of. Post them in the comments below this entry, or email them to me at goohighschoolsports@gmail.com.
But contests are for competing and competing leads to winning and those who win are winners. And so, there must be a prize (to give to the winners for winning). The Prize: I will post the winning haiku in my next blog entry. So, with that tantalizing reward, create haikus! (But please keep them PG. And on a more serious note, try not to battle to the death on this one. Although I know you all are dying to win, It is not Gladiators.)

3 comments:

  1. The turf cuts me knees
    What a lovely day outside
    I wish we had grass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winning is so fun
    Its just human nature
    Not much else to say

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soccer, cross- country,
    I used to do it all well
    Now it is no more.

    ReplyDelete