Thursday, June 9, 2011

Packing

           Today, I leave for China on a school trip. Now being me, I left all of my packing to the last minute. Major mistake. Thankfully, after jumping up and down on the top of my suitcase a few times, and then getting my brother to sit on it, I finally got it zipped and ready to go (after frantically throwing my things inside, crinkling my shirts, shorts, and skirts with care).
            Because I'm going to be away for 5 weeks, I packed tons and tons of clothes. Now you're probably wondering, why is she telling me this? Why do I care? Isn't this blog supposed to be about sports? Well, try to be a bit more patient. I promise, I'll get to the point.
            Bringing tons and tons of clothes means that my soccer ball and cleats sadly just couldn't fit. (Which makes me feel oddly guilty, because after recently watching Toy Story 3 on Demand, I've started having this reluctance to leave behind inanimate objects.)Yes, I did get my running shoes smooshed in the bottom, and a few pairs of socks, so I should be able to work out and get ready for my season fitness-wise. But what about my foot skills?
            If any of you find yourself in the same boat, don't fear. We won't sink. Because I thought of a solution. If you aren't a soccer player, I'm sorry if this doesn't apply. But I decided to bring a hacky sack. Hacky sacks are much easier to squeeze into my already bloated suitcase, and I can hacky sack pretty much in any setting in order to work on my foot skills.
            For those of you who don't play soccer, there's also another solution. See if there's a sports store where you're staying. And then, I would recommend buying your football or basketball there. It'll be much easier on your pack-mule of a suitcase, and you'll still be able to get in your training before the season starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment